· To cope with the growing demand of the space to accommodate more documents and to incorporate new services, necessary steps are to be taken to extend the library building.
· To set up a separate Reference Unit with proper infrastructure and adequate facilities.
· Implementation of RFID based Library Management.
· Space Renovation of Property Counter in the entrance point of the Central Library for better user support and architectural beautification.
· More CCTV Cameras will be installed at different service units.
· Plan to insist and to help all the departments to start their departmental libraries.
· To facilitate the resource sharing programme in wider sense and to extend the institutional membership facilities to other academic institutions as far as possible.
· Utmost efforts will be given to fulfill the users’ satisfaction.
The Central Library of Patuakhali Science and Technology University began its existence after its parent organization Patuakhali Science and Technology University being inaugurated on July’ 2000 by the then Hon’ble Prime Minister, Government of the people’s Republic of Bangladesh, Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina and started its academic activities on 26 February, 2002. It is situated in a separate four storied building. The library has a glorious history. In fact it was established in 1979. At that time, it’s parent body was established as Patuakhali Agricultural College. The central library of PSTU, being a member of UGC- Digital Library Consortium (UDL) and INASP-PERI, provide online access to more than thousands of peer-reviewed full text journals and database services. It has also a good collection of Electronic books and journals.